Hi Erick,
   Thanks for your response. I have tried the folowing way and seems to be
working. Tell me if there is any problem with the approach.

String str = query.toString();
QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("", new StandardAnalyzer);
Query newQuery = parser.parse(str);

now use *newQuery* for making queries

I understand that in the constructor of QueryParser it takes default field
and a analyzer. If I put a blank field it seems to work. Putting null gives
a null pointer exception.

Regards,
Prabin