Hi List,

Thanks in advance for the help. I'm trying to extract terms from a
query. From the reading I've done a phrase such as "General Act" is
considered a term.
http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/queryparsersyntax.html#Terms .
However when I'm doing testing to get the extractTerms of my query it
splits this into General and Act. I'm wondering if I'm missing or not
understanding something.

My test Java code is:

        private String FIELD_NAME = "rr_root";
        private Query query;
        private Hits hits = null;

        public void testSearch() throws Exception
        {
                doSearching("\"General Act\"");
                HashSet terms = new HashSet();
                query.extractTerms(terms);
                int i = 0;
                for (Iterator iter = terms.iterator(); iter.hasNext();)
                {
                        i++;
                        Term term = (Term)iter.next();
                        System.out.println(i + " " + "term-" + term.text() + "
field-" +
term.field());

        public void doSearching(String queryString) throws Exception
        {
                QueryParser parser=new QueryParser(FIELD_NAME, new
WhitespaceAnalyzer());
                query = parser.parse(queryString);
                doSearching(query);
        }
        public void doSearching(Query unReWrittenQuery) throws Exception
        {
                searcher = aspect.getSearcher(); // searcher comming from a
cahed class
                query=unReWrittenQuery.rewrite(aspect.getReader()); // reader
comming from a cached class
                System.out.println("Searching for: " +
query.toString(FIELD_NAME));
                hits = searcher.search(query);