Super!  Thanks for testing this & posting...

Mike

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't think creating an IndexWriter is very expensive at all.

Ah ok. I tested it. Creating an IndexWriter on an index with 10.000 docs
(about 15 MB) takes about 200 ms.

This is a very cheap operation for me ;)

I only saw the many calls in init() which reads files and so on and
therefore I tought it could be expensive.

Thank you!