Hi Stanley,

I modernized the files in LUCENE-400 a bit - you can see the details in
comments I made on the issue.  The results, including all files needed to
address the issue, are in the file attached to the issue named
"LUCENE-400.patch".

I can tell you aren't using the modernized version because I changed the file
names, from NGram* to Shingle*, to avoid conflict with the pre-existing ngram*
stuff.

I don't know, however, whether the new patch will apply and build cleanly in
the 2.2.0 code base, since it was targetted at the trunk circa version 2.3.

Take a look at ShingleAnalyzerWrapperTest.java in the new patch - like you did,
the tests there wrap WhitespaceAnalyser.

If switching to the new code doesn't fix the issue for you, could you add a
comment to the issue describing your inputs, and expected and actual outputs?
Or, even better, write a unit test to cover your case.

Thanks,
Steve