On Mar 25, 2008, at 12:10 PM, JensBurkhardt wrote:

As you can see, both are exactly the same. The thing i don't understand is, that the two documents have different documentboosts (the first one got an boost of 1.62 , the second of 1.65) - the boosts are different because the two books got different publication years - but explain() tells me that my
fieldNorm value is 1.5.

Document boosts do not have much granularity due to the limited number of bits in the norm. I seem to recall Yonik publishing a list of values at one time on the mailing list, but I can't for the life of me conjure the keywords to find it at the moment, as it was one a related topic. Perhaps his memory is better than mine...

HTH,
Grant