Hi,

I am aware that there is already lots of discussions about field updates in Lucene. I post my question anyway because I don't find any information about my problem, which is to update a stored but non-indexed field. For example, I have for each document a stored and non-indexed binary field 'pagerank', which is a float and which is used for computing the score of a document. As the document collection evolves, the pagerank for each document evolves also. Since the pagerank value is stored as a float (BinaryValue), I guess that the value size (in byte) is fixed in the field data (.fdt) file. Then, could it be possible to overwrite the old float value by a new float value ?

Thanks,
--
Renaud delbru