From: Grant Ingersoll [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 9:57 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to query against payload

On Apr 21, 2008, at 5:34 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
>                I want to use payload to store some kind of object id
> which is an arbitrary byte array for better performance. But I do need
> some kind of function like searching against payload value.

Have a look at the BoostingTermQuery.  If you need more than that, you
could create some new queries using that as a model.

> Also when the hits are available, how to get the payload of a specific
> term from a document without set the field as stored? Currently I
> found
> the only available interface is IndexReader.termPosition(new Term()).
> Looks we need to search again.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1001.  Note, however,
that the patch there is not going to work.  If you can help out on it,
that would be great.

> I've seen there will be per document payload. When will it be ready?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Fang, Li

Grant Ingersoll

Lucene Helpful Hints: