Hi Prashant,

On 04/22/2008 at 2:23 PM, Prashant Malik wrote:
>     We have been observing the following problem while
> tokenizing using lucene's StandardAnalyzer. Tokens that we get is
> different on different machines. I am suspecting it has something to do
> with the Locale settings on individual machines?
>
> For example
> the word 'CÃ(c)sar'   is split as  'CÃ(c)sar'   on machine 1
>
> while it is split into [cã, sar]  on machine 2 .
>
> Could someone please tell me what might be going on?

Which version of Lucene are you using?  Is it the same on both machines?

I ask because Lucene recently switched StandardTokenizer lexer generation from
JavaCC to JFlex, for performance reasons (increased throughput).

Also, my email viewer displays the word in question as the following sequence
of characters:

 1. Capital "C"
 2. Capital "A" with a tilda ("~") above it
 3. Left parenthesis
 4. Lowercase "c"
 5. Right parenthesis
 6. Lowercase "s"
 7. Lowercase "a"
 8. Lowercase "r"

Is this the correct character sequence? (Sometimes UTF-8 can look similar to
this when it's interpreted as Latin-1.)

Steve