From: Erick Erickson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2008 9:36 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to make a query that associates 2 index files

You don't. You really have to roll your own solution here, there's
no "inter-index" awareness that I know of in Lucene.

Typically, people either do a half-half solution (that is, put the
text search in Lucene and leave the DB parts in the DB) or
de-normalize the data in a Lucene index so you don't have
to even try to do things cross-index.

And then there's Marcelo Ochoa (I may have the spelling wrong) who's
put together some way to embed Lucene in an Oracle database, but
that's magic to me.

Why do you want to arrange your index this way in the first place?
Perhaps there's a more specific answer waiting out there...

Best
Erick