On May 29, 2008, at 5:18 PM, Mark Miller wrote:

It looks to me like you are not sharing an IndexSearcher across threads.

My reading of the documentation says that doing so is an optimization only and not a requirement.

Are you saying that using multiple IndexSearchers will definitely cause the problem I am experiencing and so the suggestion that using a single IndexSearcher for optimaztion only is wrong?

You really should, or use a small pool of them (depending on speed/ ram/load)

If performance isn't an issue, why do I need to?

The only time I usually see this error, I also see too many files open first. Are you sure you don't have another exception as well?

Yes I'm sure there is no other exception.

- Paul