Hi Erick,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I will try to explain what I mean with image stuff. An image in xml-documents is usually an url to the location where the image is stored. Additionally, such an image tag contains information like offset, width and height. I am thinking about storing the images (binary data) and meta-information (offset, width, height) in one field instead of using these tagging information as values for a field in the index.

I guess, your last statement "Lucene doesn't index binary data..." indicates that this isn't possible...

Regards,

Bernd

Erick Erickson wrote:

You add as many fields to the document while indexing as you need to
correctly contain your "image stuff".

If this answer seems cryptic, it's as clear as your problem statement
<G>. To give you a meaningful answer, we need a much clearer
problem statement. What is "image stuff", what format is it in, and
what do you want to do with it?

Lucene doesn't index binary data...

Best
Erick

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 8:13 AM, Bernd Mueller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>