: So, how can I get the same results using the HitCollector? Also it would be
: really nice, if you could point me to some examples of using it...

Take a look at TopFieldDocCollector  It's a HitCollector provided out of
the box that does sorting.

If you look at the trunk, the (recently updateed) "demo" file
SearchFiles.java shows how to use TopDocCollector ... TopFieldDocCollector
works exactly the same way, except that it knows about Sorting.

-Hoss