Interesting discussion... glad I'm not the only one with this challenge.

Michael McCandless-2 wrote:

> EG, if you use Highlighter on a
> multi-valued field indexed with stored field & term vectors and say
> the first field ended with a stop word that was filtered out, then
> your offsets will be off and the wrong parts will be highlighted

I found this post by attempting just this exact thing, and I can confirm,
that yes, the offsets are incorrect for all but the first instance of the
field in the document, so they are useless for highlighting.  I tried
concatenating all instances of the fields, but of course if an instance of
the field ended with punctuation or a stop word, those characters were not
added to the offset.  I'll try the suggested workaround re adding a false
term at the end of each field, but a better API would be if "offset" became
a pair of ints, first being the index of the Field for getFields(name) and
the second being the offset in that instance of the field.

Christopher