8 jul 2008 kl. 21.33 skrev miztaken:

Hi there,
I know lucene is for indexing and not for frequent updates and delete.
But i have been using lucene to store my matrix as a document.
Since with my algorithm the value of matrix can change so i am updating the
value.
But for this i have to close and reopen indexReader and in additional to that the reader is not able to read the documents hold in the RAM directory
or buffer in indexWriter... i.e. documents that are hold in memory by
indexwriter due to other parameters set for indexwriter so eventually i have
to optimize or flush the writer and reopen the reader to get accurate
results.

Is there some work around for this type of job?

You want updates that show up in the reader/searcher without latency? I believe LUCENE-1313 is an attempt at that.

Can any one suggest me any other open source API ?

What sort of operations do you use the matrix for? How large can it grow? Can you give an example of what the matrix might contain?

What was the reason to solve your problem using Lucene? Is there some specific feature that made something easier or faster than the solutions you discarded?

              karl