Hi.

Currently using Lucene 2.3.2 in a tomcat webapp. We have an action
configured that performs reindexing on our staging server. However, our live
server can not reindex since it does not have the necessary dtd files to
process the xml.

To update the index on the live server we perform a subversion update on the
lucene index directory.
Unfortunately this makes it necessary to stop the IndexSearcher while the
SubversionUpdate is doing its thing.

Presently we've had a requirement from our customer to not disable search.

So my idea was to copy the index directory to another directory and then
switch the IndexSearcher from the original index directory to the temporary
directory.
Then perform the Subversion update, and when done, switch the IndexSearcher
back to the original (now, updated) index directory.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to update the index directory
from subversion without having to disable the IndexSearcher?

BR
Christopher

--
Regards,