martinoleary wrote:
Hi there...
im trying to get MoreLikeThis documents from my lucene index given a
sentence... just one line of text lets say... but i also want to get the
returned results only where a field has a specific value....
so for example if i have my index and it contains a categoryId and
content... i would like to get results where content is like blah blah blah
and categoryId = 1 or 2.. etc...
my more like this like method is returning something like this:
content:blah content:blah content:blah +categoryId:2

but when this is run, its returning EVERYTHING from this category....

Not surprising at all.  This is what you actually want:

+(content:blah content:blah content:blah) +categoryId:2

Your original query's only REQUIRED constraint was that it match the category.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll