OK, I'm finally catching on. You have to change the demo code to
get the contents into something besides an input stream, so you
can use one of the alternate forms of the Field constructor. For
instance, you could read it all into a string and use the form:

doc.add(new Field("content", <string with all the file contents in it>,
               Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.TOKENIZED))

Or, you can do something like this, which produces identical results
to the above

while (more text to read) {
     String line = read a line of text from the file
     doc.add(new Field("content", line, Field.Store.YES,
Field.Index.TOKENIZED))
}

You can add to the same field as often as you want and it just appends the
content of calls 2 to N to the same field.

Best
Erick