As in the subject title, it seems the word 'not' is being excluded from my
searches. Note the lowercase, it isn't being treated as the boolean operator
'NOT'. For example, given the query "sticks not stones", it parses it as
"+keywords:stick +keywords:stone". Whereas if I use the query "sticks NOT
stones", it parses it as "+keywords:stick -keywords:stone".

Is there a config file or something that lets you set terms to
exclude/include? I'm using the Lucene/Solr combination. I've looked through
the docs and code as much as I can and can't figure out why that particular
term 'not' is being dropped.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)