25 aug 2008 kl. 09.19 skrev Kalani Ruwanpathirana:

Hi,

I am using StandardAnalyzer when creating the Lucene index. It indexes the word "wo&rk" as it is but does not index the word "wo*rk" in that manner. Can I index such words (including * and ?) as it is? Otherwise I have no way
to index and search for words like "wo*rk", you?, etc.

Try an alternative analyzer, perhaps WhitespaceAnalyzer? (StandardAnalyzer will index wo&rk as a single term because it contains a rule to handle names such as AT&T.)

You should probably also explain why you need to create an index like this.

        karl