Hello,

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to apply a filter to a SpanQuery and
still use query.getSpans(indexReader)?  I'm using getSpans to get back the
original positions in the text but I would like to filter the results
returned by getSpans.  I have a Filter I can apply if I just search with
the query, but I don't see a way to apply the filter and still use the
getSpans method.  I thought maybe FilteredQuery looked promising, but of
course if I wrap my SpanQuery and Filter in a FilteredQuery, getSpans is no
longer available.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Chris
Christopher Collins \ http://www.cs.utoronto.ca/~ccollins
Department of Computer Science \ University of Toronto
Collaborative User Experience Group \ IBM Research