: 1. Looking at the hits, they have the same score. I'd expect them to be
: different, based on their relevance to the source document. Any ideas?
: This is my output. I can paste my source code in too if needed.

The output of arbitrary "secret" code isn't really a very useful for the
purposes of debugging ... since we have no idea what your code does, we
can't really begin to guess why it produces the output that it does.

Off the cuff, based on your choice of wording and the fact, i suspect
you are using the "Hits" class which attempts to normalize scores -- which
could explain a big part of your confusion.

In general: when you want to understand why a Document scores they way it
does against a query: use explain().

-Hoss