Hi Karsten,
Thanks a lot. I finally have got Your idea.

Ok, I think it's worth to do the real job now :) Thanks for the advices,
finally I have understood the directions I could go for it.

>  do you really need the "Complex scenario"?

what kind of query is your use case?

My Query UC is smth like this: find documents where paragraphs are similar
to this document paragraphs or paragraph or part of it (using N-Gramms or
similar/modified tokenenizers and Stemm/NLP like similarity).

I finally understood the idea behind XML-based approach. I think XML based
approach isn't suitable for me anyway for some reasons:

   - DB support (MSSQL and Oracle or some Java ad-hoc solutions)
   - Speed with XPATH like queries on big datasets.

So I assume the the variant You recommend suits me the best.
However it's hard to understand what xtf does by just opening it's source
code and being newbie in Lucene. But thats should be done - should be done,
no one will do my job for me anyway. :))

I'll try to make some time to digg in xtf code. If smth is unclear or
questionable - I assume xtf mailing list would be the right place to ask -
not this particularly one (java-lucene-user)?

Thanks a lot for pointing out possible directions and solutions. I really
appreciate You help and time You spent to provide such as helpful
descriptions. God bless OSS community!