I just committed this, so the fix will be in 2.4.

Thanks for raising this Chris!

Mike

Chris Lu wrote:

Just confirmed the fix for this problem is ready in patch
LUCENE-1383<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1383>

Thanks Robert Engels for arguing with me and understand the problem quickly, and contributed a ClosableThreadLocal class, although the problem itself is hard to reproduce for him, and thanks Michael McCandless for fixing the
problem soooo quickly.

--
Chris Lu