From: Erick Erickson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 10:43 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene 2.2.0 Strange QueryParser behavior

OR is both a stopword and a reserved word.... In this case you
*probably* are getting hit by it being a stopword.
Changing your analyzer to not use stopwords is probably the way to go,
but beware that you should probably use the same analyzer at index AND
query time.

If you're using StandardAnalyzer, you're getting your case folded, so if
you change analyzers be aware of that.

Get a copy of Luke to see the effects of various analyzers on queries
and to examine the actual contents of your index, it's invaluable.

PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper may be your friend <G>. It would allow you to
use a different analyzer for your "state" field than others, which may
be very useful.

Best
Erick