OK I created this issue:

Mike

Mindaugas Žakšauskas wrote:

Hi,

see my comments between Mike's text:

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Michael McCandless
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hmm, so somehow your stored fields file is truncated -- FieldsReader was
unable to read the first int.

Are you using compound file format in this index?

I'm not calling setUseCompoundFile deliberately, so I presume it uses
the default value (false, correct?).

Do you have any idea how your index may have become corrupt?

I have tried to work out some basic tests but couldn't reproduce this
issue. It could be something related to not closing IndexWriter
properly, but I cannot confirm that with any unit tests.
Will definitely post anything useful here if I get to this point.

Do you still have the original corrupt (not yet fixed) index? If so can you
zip it up & send to me?

No problem!

For future reference, CheckIndex has a main() so you can just invoke it from
the command line.

Mike

Thanks a lot! Let me know if you need any other info.

Regards,
Mindaugas