Hi,

I'm a newbie with Lucene and I started some testing with Lucene 2.2.0.
I developed my own Analyser and my own Filter based on examples found here,
that is:

public class DiacriticAnalyser extends GermanAnalyzer {

 @Override
   TokenStream result = super.tokenStream(fieldName, reader);
   result = new ISOLatin1DiacriticFilter(result);
   return result;

public class ISOLatin1DiacriticFilter extends TokenFilter {

@Override
public final Token next() throws java.io.IOException {
   final Token t = input.next();
    if (t != null)
      t.setTermText(removeDiacritics(t.termText()));
    return t;

What i don't understand is: isn't the call to input.next() endless
recursive, i mean the TokenStream class is abstract and the TokenFilter
class doesn't implement next()? And who calls next(), i just call the
constructor of ISOLatin1DiacriticFilter class.

regards,