Hello Lucene,

Looking at the document object it seems like each time I want to edit its contents I need to do the following:

1 - fetch the document
2 - dump its contents into a temp container
3 - update field values in the temp container
4 - create a new document
5 - transfer my updated field values back into the new document
6 - add document back into the index

This seems like a long process, is it really necessary?

An index structure does seem ideal for storing and searching a large set of symbolic strings in my app. From here I need to render these string chars as visible nodes on screen, this can be done with the new JavaFX API .

JavaFX has a unique binding system that would also be great to use. Using binding I could setup two way (inverse) binding between the fields in a document and the rendered screen nodes. This way when there is a value change in the rendered node the document field values would auto update and also if there is a change in the document field value the node would auto update.

This update senario via binding would be ideal. How can it be done?

Information about the JavaFX binding mechanism is available at this link:

http://java.sun.com/javafx/1/tutorials/core/dataBinding

Hope this can work,

Thom