From: Hayes, Peter [mailto:peter.ha...@fmr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 6:00 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Google finance-like suggestible search field

Hi all,

We are trying to implement a Google finance-like suggest as you type
search field.  The index is quite large and comprised of multiple fields
to search across so our initial implementation was to use a BooleanQuery
with multiple PrefixQuery across each field.  We quickly ran into the
TooManyClauses exception and are looking for alternatives.

Is there an implementation pattern for this use case using lucene?  This
seems like a common feature on various sites and I'm wondering if lucene
can be used to support this.

Thanks in advance.

Peter Hayes