Hi,

    We have documents with multiple fields conceptually, and a document is
considered a match if each of the terms in the query is in any one of the
fields(i.e a 'cross-field' AND). A simple way to do this would be to dump
all of these conceptual fields into one lucene field and do the query with a
default AND_OPERATOR. However another requirement is that some fields are
more important than others and need to be boosted with different weights.
One option that I can think of is a MultiFieldQuery that essentially looks
like (field1:term1 OR field2:term1 OR field3:term1) AND (field1:term2 OR
field2:term2 OR field3:term2) etc with appropriate field boosts. However I'm
concerned about the performance of this query for a large number of terms(We
might need to deal with 4-5 fields and 4-5 terms per query). Is there a
better solution?

Thanks,
Murali