Hi.

I did partly solve this with Solr with faceting but it does not solve the
quite normally use feature in db's:
num_en_entries = select count distinct(id) from BlogEntry where
language='en'
num_sv_entries = select count distinct(id) from BlogEntry where
language='sv'

it solves however the feature:
select count(id),date from BlogEntry group by date

I now need this feature elsewhere when parsing accesslogs etc so I am
looking into MonetDB, LucidDB and FastBit. Sphinx search seem like they have
something like this:
http://www.sphinxsearch.com/docs/current.html#clustering

Did you ever try a HitCollector ?

//Marcus