Hi,

I've got a weird problem with a lucene index, using 2.3.1. The index contains 6660 files. I don't know how this happened.Maybe somone can tell me something about the files themselves? (examples below)

On one day, between 10 and 40 of these files were being created every minute. The index updates are triggered by updates to an SVN repository, but I can't find any corresponding activity in the SVN logs.

The lucene files all have names like this:

_1qsw.cfs
_1qsx.cfs
_1qsy.cfs
_1qsz.cfs
_1qt0.cfs

and are mostly < 5K in size.

My application uses just one instance each of IndexReader/IndexWriter/IndexSearcher. From looking at

Can anyone shed any light on these files? I'm not too hopeful about fixing this index because we are getting "too many open files", even with an unlimited ulimit, but any info/suggestions would be great. Thanks.

-John