See below
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 1:44 AM, Ganesh <emailg...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> 1)
> Which is best to use Snowball analyzer or Lucene contrib analyzer? There is
> no inbuilt stop word list for Snowball analyzer?

What is the "Lucene contrib analyzer"? There are 12 of them......
And regardless, the answer is "It depends" on what
you're trying to accomplish, which you haven't stated.

I don't know if there's a default set of stop words, but this
seems like a pretty easy thing to test for yourself.

> 2)
> Whether Analyzer and QueryParser are thread-free. They could created once
> and use it in as many threads?
>
>From the FAQ (
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-42833b3bb259e10c64424a892a3f04840a187d80
)

Is the QueryParser thread-safe?

No, it's not.

I'm unsure about analyzers, but they are so lightweight I wouldn't

go to the trouble of sharing them among threads just to be safe.

> 3)
> I am using Snowball Analyzer to do index and search., When i search for
> windows AND vista, QueryParser is adding AND as part of search, But i am
> expecting something like +windows +vista.

How do you know this? Is the the result of query.toString? And is
the "AND" *in your query* uppercase? One of the quirks of Lucene
is that it requires 'and', 'or' and 'not' to be uppercase to be
interpreted as you expect.

Best
Erick