You should look at contrib/highlighter, which does exactly this.

Mike

Amin Mohammed-Coleman wrote:

Hi
I am currently indexing documents (pdf, ms word, etc) that are uploaded, these documents can be searched and what the search returns to the user are summaries of the documents. Currently the summaries are extracted when indexing the file (summary constructed by taking the first 10 lines of the
document and stored in the index as field).  This is not ideal (static
summary), and I was wondering if it would be possible to create a dynamic summary when a hit is found and highlight the terms found. The content of
the document is not stored in the index.

So basically what I'm looking to do is:

1) PDF indexed
2) PDF body contains the word "search"
3) Do a search and return the hit
4) Construct a summary with the term "search" included.

I'm not sure how to go about doing this (I presume it is possible). I would
be grateful for any advice.

Cheers
Amin