Amy Zhou wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a couple of questions about indexing large size file. As my
understanding, the default MaxFieldLength 100,000. In Lucene 2.4, we can set
the MaxFieldLength during constructor. My questions are:
The default is 10,000.
1) How's the performance if MaxFieldLength is set to UNLIMITED?
It depends on how long your documents are. Its simply a cutoff - documents longer than n (10,000 by default) terms will be truncated.
2) Any other options for indexing large size file?
What is the problem you are trying to address? Are you having trouble indexing a very large file? Can you share more details?

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com