Sorry I did not read your email and the first one a lot of people did not
understand (I read it now).

Everything is rather simple:
It makes no difference between MultiSearcher or IndexSearcher, you can
really do everything with both. Just use them as if they are equals (in your
declararation just use the abstract Searcher as you have done and assign a
MultiSearcher ord IndexSearcher to it).

Another possibility is to use only MultiReader on top of the IndexReaders
and create an IndexSearcher from this *one* MultiReader (which appears to
Lucene as a single index).

For the pagination, do it like described before.

I modified your code:

        IndexSearcher searcher = searchers.get(indexName);
        QueryParser parser = new QueryParser(indexName, analyzer);
        TopDocs topDocs=null;
        try {
            topDocs = searcher.search(parser.parse(query), null, 10);
        }
        catch (ParseException e) {
        }
        Results results = new Results();
        TopDocs topDocs = collector.topDocs();
        ScoreDoc docs[] = topDocs.scoreDocs;
        float maxScore = topDocs.getMaxScore();
        for (int i = 0; i < docs.length; i++) {
            Result result = new Result();
            result.score = docs[i].score / maxScore;
            result.doc = searcher.doc(docs[i].doc);
            results.results.add(result);
        }
        return results;

For the pagination just use the following to display results 20 to 29 (10
items):

        topDocs = searcher.search(parser.parse(query), null, 20+10);
        ScoreDoc docs[] = topDocs.scoreDocs;
        float maxScore = topDocs.getMaxScore();
        for (int i = 20; i < 30; i++) {
            result.score = docs[i].score / maxScore;

All complete, do the search on a single Searcher that contains all indexes
(a MultiSearcher(IndexReader(index1),IndexReader(index2),....) or a
IndexSearcher(MultiReader(index1,index2...)) and paginate as you want. If
you need sorting, just use a Sort/SortField construct and pass it to
Searcher.search().

Uwe
-----
Uwe Schindler