Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out how to use SpanNearQuery.getSpans(IndexReader)
when working with a result set from a query.

Maybe I have a fundamental misunderstanding of what an IndexReader is -
I'm under the impression that it's a mechanism for sequentially
accessing the documents in an index. So I'm not really sure how that
helps me find the spans inside a search result.

My problem is compounded by the fact that I'm using
ParallelMultiSearcher so I'm not even 100% sure that I know what index
each Hit is located in.

All of the examples I find (in LIA and from CNLP) demonstrate on an
in-memory index created for the sake of the example.

Can anyone give me any guidance on this?

Thanks!

-Dave