On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Michael McCandless
<luc...@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> Hmm then I'm a bit baffled again.
>
> Because, each of your "by month" indexes presumably has a unique
> subset of terms for the "date_doc" field?  Meaning, a given "by month"
> index will have all date_doc corresponding to that month, and a
> different "by month" index would presumably have no overlap in the
> terms for the date_doc field.

Yes and no :) In this situation:

>> 200901-->index1, index2
>> 200902-->index3
>> 200903-->index4,index5,index6

each month does not overlap with each other, but index1 and index2
overlap, and so index4 with 5 and 6. So there's overlapping inside a
single month.
So I want to trie, next week, this one:
>> 200901-->index12 (merge of 1 and 2)
>> 200902-->index3
>> 200903-->index456 (merge of 4,5,6)

This way we avoid overlapping inside a single month. Maybe this can
help: stay tuned :)
R.

--
Roberto Franchini