On Apr 21, 2009, at 4:39 AM, Murat Yakici wrote:

Hi,
I started playing with the experimental payload functionality. I have written an analyzer which adds a payload (some sort of a score/ boost) for each term occurance. The payload/score for each term is dependent on the document that the term comes from (I guess this is the typoical use case). So say term t1 may have a payload of 5 in doc1 and 34 in doc5. The parameter for calculating the payload changes after each indexWriter.addDocument(..) method call in a while loop. I am assuming that the indexWriter.addDocument(..) methods are thread safe. Can I confirm this?

Yes, addDoc is thread safe.  Are you seeing an issue or just checking?

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem (Lucene/Solr/Nutch/Mahout/Tika/Droids) using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search