Hi,

There are several ways to do it, easier ones:
1. While indexing, you could store the directory and then filter results on
directory while searching.
2. Run a prefix query while searching in case you can't index the directory,
though I wouldn't have a reason to justify this approach.

The above solution is considering that you have restrictions on directory
basis. If it involves a rather open restriction i.e. document/file basis,
you would have to categorize documents while indexing i.e. also index, for
each document, a field that specifies groups who have permission on this
doc.
Hope this helps.

--
Anshum Gupta