If you print the result e.g. to a webpage through the servlet API, the
output is done with ISO-8859-1 (which is the default for HTTP). If you want
to change this, you must tell the servlet layer the encoding before getting
a PrintWriter (response.setEncoding(), response.setContentTpe("text/html;
charset=UTF-8") or something like that. Or just get the ServletOutputStream
and convert using a OutputStreamWriter just as before. But you have to tell
the browser the encoding... (which is done through the Content-Type header
step). This all is not Lucene specific, so you should ask on a
Tomcat/Jetty/whatever-container-you use list.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen