It's not accurate to say that Lucene scans the index for each search.
Rather, every Query reads a set of posting lists, each are typically read
from disk. If you pass Query[] which have nothing to do in common (for
example no terms in common), then you won't gain anything, b/c each Query
will already read just the posting lists it needs.

If your Query[] contains the exact Query, it's redundant to run all these
searches, since they will return the same results every time.

Right?

Shai