I was running the tests which lucene-core version 2.4 and I noticed a failure in org.apache.lucene.index.TestIndexInput for testRead at line 89. The assertions in question have to do with reading "Modified UTF-8 null bytes" according to the comments in the file. It seems these modified null bytes are not being retrieved properly.

This failure is of particular interest to me because I am getting a similar failure in the specs for the implementation of IndexInput I am working on for the App Engine Datastore. I was wondering if this test failure is something to be concerned with or if it could be ignored/removed with relative safety?

Cheers.
Bryan