Hi All,

I am interested in using Lucene to index RDF (Resource Description Format) data.
Ultimately I want to create a transactional interface to the data with proper
transaction isolation.
Therefore I am trying to educate myself on the details of index readers and
writers, I am using v2.9rc2.

One thing I have noticed is that it seems that Lucene is designed with the
intent that changes to the index by a writer should not be visible to index
readers until the writer commits its changes.
However, one thing that I have noticed in the code is that when documents are
deleted by a writer the writers change the .del (deleted documents) files in
the segment in which the document exists.
Thus, it appears that document deletions may become visible to readers *before*
a write actually commits its changes.

Am I correct about how document deletions work?
Since I'm new to Lucene I'm wondering if I'm missing something...

Thanks,
ted stockwell