I think you should do this instead (it will print the exception message *and* the stack trace instead of only the message) :

throw new IndexerException ("CorruptIndexException on doc: " + doc.toString(),
ex);

Daniel Shane

Chris Bamford wrote:
Hi Grant,
I think you code there needs to show the underlying exception, too, so we can see that stack trace.

Ummm... isn't this code already doing that?  What am I missing?

            try {

                indexWriter.addDocument(doc);

            } catch (CorruptIndexException ex) {

                throw new IndexerException ("CorruptIndexException on doc: " +
doc.toString() +

                    " - " + ex.toString());

            } catch (IOException ex) {

                throw new IndexerException ("IOException on doc: " +
doc.toString() +

                    " - " + ex.toString());

            }

Thanks,