On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Peter Keegan<peterlkee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using JProfiler, I observe that the improvement
> is due to a huge reduction in the number of calls to TermDocs.next and
> TermDocs.skipTo (about 65% fewer calls).

Indexes are searched per-segment now (i.e. MultiTermDocs isn't normally used).
Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how this can lead to fewer
TermDocs.skipTo() calls though.  Are you sure you weren't also
counting Scorer.skipTo()... which would now be Scorer.advance()?
Have you verified that your custom scorer is working correctly with
2.9 and that you're getting the same number of hits on the overall
query as you were with previous versions?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com