> Mark Miller wrote:
> > Hello Lucene users,

> > We let out a bug in the lock factory changes we made in RC3 -
> > making a new SimpleFSDirectory with a String param would throw
> > an illegal state exception - a fix for this is in RC4.
>
> My apologies - not SimpleFSDirectory, but SimpleFSLockFactory.
>
> - Mark

And we should also add the changes to the new CharStream/CharFilters
wrappers around java.io.Reader and the related offset correction to the list
for RC4. This were also some API changes, so anybody started to use
CharFilters or own Tokenizers have to change to use
Tokenizer.correctOffset(). But we fixed bugs in Solr (Highlighting) and
backwards compatibility with it.

Uwe