Uwe Schindler wrote:

>> +1 - intuition might be to use it for anything numeric.
>>

> If we do not need a new RC fort hat I can do it tomorrow! I am not yet sure
> what to write: I tend to say: "Use NumericField, but with infinite
> precisionStep for low-cardinality fields - and you get the old TermEnum
> value list as before (with conversion through NumericUtils)". In general,
> users should use NumericField for numbers, but use a appropinquate precStep,
> so infinite if no faster RangeQueries are possible because of low
> cardinality.
>
> Uwe

Okay, good point. That makes sense - how about an example of low card,
just for grounding? In the hundreds? Under 10,000? Only 10's?

Also, do you mean to use Integer.Max_VALUE as infinite?

My personal opinion is that we can make javadoc changes for the final
without doing an RC, as long as no code/build/scipts at all is touched.
Not sure how others feel though.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com