Alex,

If I understand you correctly, all you have to do is either make sure that
query is run as a phrase query (with quotes around the it), or as a term query
where both terms are required (with plus sign in front of each term, no space).

As for detecting score gap and such, you could do that with a custom Collector.

Otis --
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR