Sir/Mam,

Am M.Dhivya, learning about apache lucene [Java].

I have installed JDK-6 update 4 and NetBeans-6.5.1

I downloaded the lucene-1.9-final.zip file and followed the steps given in docs
to run the demo.

The extracted lucene-1.9-final folder from the downloaded zip file is in D:\
and the lucene-core-1.9-final.jar , lucene-demos-1.9-final.jar and src is in

D:\lucene-1.9-final\

As said i have set the classpath in environment variable PATH in System
properties as,
D:\lucene-1.9-final\lucene-core-1.9-final.jar;
D:\lucene-1.9-final\lucene-demos-1.9-final.jar;

Then in the command prompt i gave the command,
D:\lucene-1.9-final>java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles
d:\lucene-1.9-final\src

But got the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/dem
o/IndexFiles
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles

Am  a beginner just started to learn about lucene by my own interest after
knowing about its value. But now am scared as the things are totally blind for
me. I went in through all the forums but couldnt find the solution. I couldnt
find out where am missing or my procedure to run lucene demo is wrong. Kindly
let me know a solution for which am struggling for past one week.

Thanks in advance
 M.Dhivya