Hi Sudha,

In the past, I've built regexes to recognize URLs using the information here:

   http://www.foad.org/~abigail/Perl/url2.html

The above, however, is currently a dead link.

Here's the Internet Archive's WayBack Machine's cache of this page from August
2007:

<http://web.archive.org/web/20070807114147/http://www.foad.org/~abigail/Perl/url2.html>

Here's the same content, of unknown vintage, as a text file (even though it has
a .html extension):

  http://nerxs.com/mirrorpages/urlregex.html

Also, Jeffrey Friedl's book "Mastering Regular Expressions", 2nd edition (but
not the 1st edition), has a section on recognizing URLs in Chapter 5.

Steve